5 Reactions We All Had To Zayn’s New Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Zayn Malik dropped his debut single, “Pillowtalk” Thursday night, and it was NOT a disappointment.

Here are five reactions we all know we had as we listened and watched his debut into the world of being a solo artist.

1. Oh wow! He looks good

Is it just me, or does solo Zayn look better than One Direction Zayn?

2. He has to be dating Gigi

Forget the rumor part about it. These two are definitely dating – just look at the chemistry between them!

3. This song is actually pretty good

Once you get past the reaction of seeing two ridiculously beautiful people on the screen, you realize that the song is actually pretty catchy. I will most definitely be singing this in the shower tomorrow morning.

4. “It’s our paradise and our war zone”

While I am not referring to what Zayn actually means, any One Direction fan can understand why we feel this way. We were heartbroken when he left, but if his entire album makes us feel the way this song does, we will all be in paradise.

5. Reckless behavior with Zayn? Absolutely

Sorry mom, but I know that I am not the only collegiette who would be more than okay with trading places with Gigi and sharing some “Pillowtalk” with Zayn. 

Photo credit: 1

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.