21 Thoughts We Had While Watching 1D’s New Music Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you’re like any of us, being a One Direction fan has definitely toyed with your emotions these past few months. First, Zayn left us (we’re not still bitter or anything), their tour ended, and now they’re on at least a yearlong break. While their last performance was emotional enough, they just dropped the music video for their emotional fan tribute, “History,” and it was a complete tearjerker (not that we expected anything less).

Here’s a list of thoughts we had while watching this emotional video.

1. Why do they always just spring these things on me? I feel so attacked right now

2. You’ve gotta help me… I’m legitimately about to lose my mind (because you literally gave us no warning that this video was about to drop). Thanks, guys

3. Okay… you can’t just throw in old X Factor vids without warning me. Be considerate, guys

4. NIALL IN GLASSES!!!

LOOK AT HIM!!!

5. “No, they don’t teach you this in school.” Nope, they never teach you the things you actually need in life (like how to make Harry Styles actually respond to you on Twitter) 

6. THOUGHT WE WERE GOING STRONG, THOUGHT WE WERE HOLDING ON (*cough cough* Zayn)

7. #TBT to the “What Makes You Beautiful” vid… a simpler time

8. ZAYN, COME BACK

9. I want to say those girls hysterically crying in the video aren’t me but…

10. HARRY SMILING… I have had ENOUGH of this video

11. Why don’t they EVER warn me before Harry and Liam decide to frolic around shirtless?

12. Zayn :(… still not over it

13. NIALL IN GLASSES!!! (still not over that either)

14. I’m not crying in the middle of the commons. That’s not me

15. Louis and a koala… Louis is a dad now… WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

16. They’ll always be those five (four) boys on the stairs… (It’s fine, we’re fine)

17. WITHOUT YOU HERE, LIFE IS JUST A LIE (Oh, Zayn. Again, I’m not bitter.)

18. OLD MUSIC VIDEO MONTAGE… give me strength

19. My babies have grown up so beautifully

20. The fact that one of their last performances before the break was on the X Factor

21. THIS IS NOT THE END. THIS IS NOT THE END (repeat this ten times, and it might turn out to be true)

Stay strong, collegiettes. This is not the end – we can make it. 

Photo credits: 1, 2

Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.