18 Thoughts I Had While Watching Penn State Beat Ohio State From The Front Row Of The Student Section

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

After sleeping outside the stadium all week in order to get the most coveted seats in the stadium, I had big expectations for Saturday’s game. Little did I know that I was in for the most thrilling night of my life: here are 18 thoughts I had during the game that made history all white and full of Penn State pride.

1. I have to be in the stadium at 4PM? Four hours before the game actually starts? That means FOUR less hours to tailgate.

2. On the bright side, at least I get a ~discounted~ chicken basket.

3. Four hours early means that I get to watch the stadium fill around me. Honey, I’m home! 

4. I mean, at least Ohio State hasn’t scored yet and it’s the end of the first quarter….

5. And there it goes: a field goal AND a touchdown!

6. Okay, okay there’s still hope. Let those girls fly, we just scored.

7. Great, it’s raining; here goes my warmth and sanity.

8. Welp, our punter just missed the snap… 

9. Grant Haley????? Run! Run! Run!

10. Is this real life?? Are we actually beating the number two team in the country?!?!

11. Sorry J.T Barrett, you just got sacked, and you’re not coming back.

12. Alright Penn State all you have to do is get into victory formation, take a knee and the game is over.

13. A football player just jumped up into my section…. I’m NOT okay.

14. I’m trying to storm the field but these full grown men won’t let me through.

15. Please someone catch me as I dive head first over the railing onto the field.

16. I’m here, and I have never felt anything like this.

17. I have never sung the alma mater louder then I am with my 107,280 closest friends. 

18. It’s over. Penn State has pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the year, and we just got ranked #24. 

Nothing beats Happy Valley on football weekends and nothing will beat this victory for a while so keep celebrating, collegiettes!

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.