The Podcasts That You Should Be Listening To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Podcasts have been blowing up lately. If you work a desk job or a job that fails to stimulate your brain, you’re the perfect person to start listening to a podcast. Your job doesn’t have to be boring to listen to a podcast though, you could listen in the car or while on a walk if music isn’t doing it for you. As a file clerk, I thrive off of podcasts and so here are a few of my favorites…

The Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast

This was my first podcast. I still listen from time to time, but its at its best when some form of The Bachelor is airing and so right now we’re on a break. Ben and Ashley I have a great dynamic as co-hosts and they also give really great advice to some of their listeners. Definitely give them  a listen if you’re a fan of The Bachelor franchise. 

Betches Sup Live

I love this podcast because it allows me to keep up with today’s politics and news without being totally bored. They talk about today’s big headlines in a casual manner while still maintaining intelligence which is a difficult thing to accomplish. It gives you the sense that you’re talking about politics with your friends, except in this scenario your friends also follow the news and you don’t have to worry about agreeing with what they’re saying. 

Ted Talks Daily

This podcast is all the things you love about watching TED Talks, but now you can take them on the go. There are so many great podcasts available with interesting topics. The best thing about TED Talks is the fact that you learn something but you learn it in a narrative style. It’s like story time, but its educational!

Diet Starts Tomorrow

I love this podcast because they keep it real when talking about the wellness hype. This is a new podcast but so far so good. In their first episode they had the Instagram famous trainer Kayla Itsines on with them and they promise to bring on other really great guests. I think my favorite part of their podcast is that they admit their struggles with being healthy in a way that shows you that it isn’t BS and talk about the changes that they have made and they do all of this without pretending to be experts. 

U Up?

This is a great podcast to listen to if you’re struggling to date in today’s hook-up culture and dating apps. They talk about today’s dating issues in a way that is both real and comedic. What is also nice about this podcast is that they give dating advice without completely dissing the hook-up culture. They acknowledge that sometimes that’s what people want sometimes, and that’s okay! For me, they helped me figure out how to move a relationship from being semi-casual to a committed one without feeling like an idiot. I’m definitely not a relationship expert because of this podcast, but I think I can better navigate the dating scene because of it. You also don’t need to be single in order to enjoy it.

Megan McGunigle is a Political Science and English double major at Providence College. On campus, Megan is involved with WDOM the student run radio station, Club Figure Skating and the organization Generation Citizen. Generation Citizen helps to civically engage students in local middle schools and high schools. She also enjoys ice cream, chocolate, and pizza. Her dream job would be working as a journalist in Washington D.C. to write about all the country's political happenings.