The End of Another School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

“Time flies when you’re having fun” seems to be something that every college student comes to discover while they are here.  Wasn’t it just February? How can we possibly be moving out next week?  Although some students are excited to go home and others never want to leave, endings and goodbyes can always be a little difficult.  Here are some tips to make the best of the end of this school year and the goodbyes that go along with it.

1.     Moving Out

It’s pretty well known that every college student can tend to procrastinate, especially when it comes to packing and moving out.  Try to do it little by little!  As you clean out your room, enjoy reminiscing on all the memories from this year.  Although you may feel down if you think about moving out and leaving this year behind, cherish the memories from the year and get excited for the future!

2.     Staying In Touch

The end of a school year is unfortunately a time for friends to say goodbye for the summer.  Find ways to keep in touch! Plan ahead to all meet up at a summer concert.  Promise to FaceTime each other every couple of weeks.  Most importantly, give your friends a call! As great as social media and texting are, nothing compares to a real phone call.  As you say goodbye, don’t focus on the time apart from your friends, but instead look forward for next year together.

3.     Enjoy and Prepare

Enjoy the summer! Appreciate the time off.  Sleep in, make money, travel, and have fun.  Reflect on this school year and prepare for the next one.  Whatever your goals and plans are for next year, start this summer!  Look forward to the summer as a great opportunity.

Most importantly, remind yourself how lucky you are to have it be hard to say goodbye or for the semester to end.  Be thankful for your experiences here, and look forward to all the awesome time ahead!

Katie is a freshman at Providence College, and is majoring in Health Policy and Management with a Math minor.  She is from Connecticut and loves her hometown of Rocky Hill.  Katie enjoys the fall, good music, running outside, and the beach.