5 Movies on Netflix That Are Worth Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

To The Bone

This Netflix original is definitely something that you should watch when you’re bored on a Thursday or Friday night. It follows a girl who is struggling with anorexia and shows the different ways that it effects a person. Despite its overall serious and dark tone, it does has comical moments. 

Moana

I appreciate this movie for a couple of different reasons. The first reason being is that the soundtrack is fire for kid’s movie. Thank God for Lin-Manuel Miranda, am I right? Second, it is one of the few Disney movies in which the princess is focused on something bigger than the hot prince she wants to marry. Honestly, is there any other example besides Frozen? And can we even count that one? 

Cars 3

Typically I do not recommend watching sequels to children’s movies. However, Cars 3 had a surprisingly feminist message that was amazing. It’s definitely a feel good movie that is worth watching. Plus, any movie with Mater is a good one right?

42

This movie about the life of Jackie Robinson is one of my favorites. I only found out it was on Netflix this week and I am living. It’s inspirational and it is definitely a movie that you and bae can watch together.

Breakfast At Tiffany’s

Understanding the countless references to this movie is worth the watch alone. Audrey Hepburn is also a queen so any movie is automatically a ten with her as the leading lady. It’s a classic romantic comedy that leaves you feeling like some day you will belong to someone too. 

Photo Source 

Megan McGunigle is a Political Science and English double major at Providence College. On campus, Megan is involved with WDOM the student run radio station, Club Figure Skating and the organization Generation Citizen. Generation Citizen helps to civically engage students in local middle schools and high schools. She also enjoys ice cream, chocolate, and pizza. Her dream job would be working as a journalist in Washington D.C. to write about all the country's political happenings.