Bernice Fokum: Freshman U-Council Candidate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Bernice Fokum
Class of 2014
Still exploring options for a major, but definitely considering certificates in Spanish and Global Health Policy

Activities I currently devote time to:
Treasurer: Princeton University Student Global AIDS Campaign
Secretary: Princeton Association of Black Women
Tutor: English as a Second Language to local Spanish-speaking immigrants
Captain: Princeton University Dining Services

Hey everyone! 

I, like most of you, came to Princeton for the incredible opportunities it provides for us to positively impact our immediate and far-reaching communities. I became interested in the position of U-Councilor when I observed the role that councilors play in influencing the various aspects of undergraduate life. “The primary function of a U-Councilor is to discuss, deliberate, and vote on questions relating to or affecting undergraduate life.”  As I recognize the formative nature of the four years we spend here, I hope to utilize my organizational and leadership skills to ensure that we all benefit. With your vote, I will be able to effectively serve as a liaison between you and the administration so that we can all make the most of our Princeton experience. I can’t do this without you! Thanks for your time! 

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.