Top Ice Cream Shops in Portland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

With the weather still in the high 70s, even 80s the next few days, I am excited to share some of my favorite ice cream shops to visit in Portland! These places are especially great to visit while the weather is still so hot, but still equally as fun and delicious to visit in the fall and winter! Besides, who could ever turn down a great scoop of ice cream? Get ready to try some new and funky ice cream flavors and be sure to embrace all of the free samples. Here are a few of my favorite shops:

Salt and Straw

838 NW 23rd Ave–2035 NE Alberta St–3345 SE Division St

Salt and Straw is one of my favorite places to go with my friends! They have waffle cones to die for and funky flavors that are guaranteed to be delicious. The service is always great and there is always a flavor for everyone to enjoy. There are three locations around Portland, so they are hard to miss!

50 Licks

2021 SE Clinton St #101

I just visited 50 Licks for the first time this year and it did not disappoint! There was a definite Salt and Straw vibe, but without the long lines. There were 21+ flavors (so fun) and a good enough variety that everyone found a flavor they enjoyed!

Ruby Jewel

3713 N. Mississippi Ave–428 S.W. 12th Ave

I’ve been dying to try this place out because all of my friends love it! Not only do they have yummy ice cream flavors, but you also have the option of getting cookies to make your own ice cream cookie sandwich as well! How fun is that? There are also two locations that each have their own menu, so be sure to check out their adorable website for a list of flavors before you go!

Cool Moon Ice Cream

1105 NW Johnson St

Cool Moon just recently fell on my radar and I’m excited to try it out. It supposedly has really interesting flavors that you wouldn’t expect to be good, but are actually delicious! The ice cream is all-natural to boot. You’ll bet that I’ll be headed that way soon to see what all the hype is about!

Nothing sounds more fun that an ice cream adventure with people you love! Be sure to check out all of these places with friends or family! 

Hi Friends! My name is Sam and I'm a senior Biology major at UP. I'm also the 4th floor RA in Mehling (the best dorm ever)! Here are a few things that I love right now: tea, friends, sunshine, bows, scarves, salted caramel anything, and hand-written letters. I'm so excited to be a member of Her Campus here at UP and can't wait to share new and fun things with everyone!