5 Steps to Instagram Photo Strips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

This past Valentine’s Day, in efforts to be more creative than usual, and to one-up generic gifts typically given, I ventured out into the great uknown and vast wilderness of DIY projects. As somewhat of a papprazzi, one of my biggest strengths (and also weaknesses) is the vast majority of photographs that I have to work with for gifts. The great part about this: I consistently have updated photos of all my favorite people to gift or to throw together into a brilliant collage. The bad part about this: I consistently give photo gifts! So after a while, I tend to sort of run out of photo gift ideas, and am now consistently on the lookout cool and new photo projects to give.

I’m one of those people that likes the idea of DIYs better than actually doing it myself. I love to see all the cool things people are putting together and then pinning onto their wildly popular Pinterest boards, but I’m easily put off by the amount of work that apparently goes into all of these projects. So when I stumbled onto the DIY Instagram photo strips, I definitely liked the idea of putting it together more than actually doing it.

But this proved to be a more than just an idea – and was way easier than anticipated! Below, you’ll find the super-easy process for creating your own film strips for yourself or a loved one from our beloved and artsy Instagram photos, in just five steps!

1. Go to Web.stagram.com, and login with your Instgram username and password. From this homepage, you’ll have access to not only your own feed, but to every person you follow’s feed. Drag whichever photos you would want on your film strips from the site to your desktop.

2. Once you’ve finished dragging whichever photos you want from the website onto your desktop, select all of the photos you want to be in the film strips at the same time, and double click on the group so that they all open in Preview.

3. From Preview, select “File” and then “Print…” A dialogue box should open, and look like this:

4. Inside this dialogue, halfway down it says “Preview”. Select “Preview” and choose instead “Layout”. For “Pages per Sheet:”, select 16, and make sure that you have “None” selected for “Border” – it will print with enough white space around the photos for a clean, white border.

5. Select “Print”! Your photo strips will print, and you’ll have some awesome and genuine looking (not to mention, super classy) Instagram photo strips. All made for $0. A college student’s dream.

Sound off in the comments below, if you have a better / easier way of creating Instagram photo strips for the modern DIY Queens out there!

Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.