4 Great Thrift Shops in Portland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Spring is just around the corner which means it’s time to pick out some new clothing pieces! Looking for a new place to shop? How about a thrift store? Thrift shopping seems to be all the rage lately, and it’s not hard to understand why! Thrifting is an eco-friendly and affordable way to find cute clothes for low prices. If you’re lucky, you may even find some designer or high-end brands for a fraction of their original price! Portland has an abundance of thrift stores, and Her Campus is here to help you find a four of the many great thrift stores in the Rose City.

1. Buffalo Exchange

Buffalo Exchange is a great place to go to find high-end brands for less than half of their original prices (I found a fleece North Face jacket for only $20)!  They have a great company purpose of leading the resale fashion industry, providing a livelihood for its employees, a fair return to its owners and achieving sustainable profitability. They also give back to the community by doing their part to protect the environment. There are two locations in Portland, so be sure to check them out!

Locations:

1036 W. Burnside Street, Portland, OR 97209

1420 SE 37th Ave. Portland, OR 97214

2. The Red Light Clothing Exchange

The Red Light is a perfect vintage shop for finding clothes from any decade! They don’t cater to one particular fashion style; instead they focus on providing unique, quality, stylish clothing at truly affordable prices. So no matter what you’re looking for, Red Light is sure to have it!

Location: 3590 SE Hawthorne, Portland, OR 97214

3. Animal Traffic

Looking for some vintage, old Western gear? Then Animal Traffic is the place for you! Whether you’re heading outdoors to seek adventure, in need of some fabulous vintage for your wardrobe, stocking up on back-to-school essentials like backpacks and notebooks, or looking for blankets and pillows to cozy up with at home, Animal Traffic has your back! As an added bonus, this store has an amazing atmosphere that makes it feel like you are in the old west.

Locations

429 Southwest 10th Avenue, Portland, OR

4000 N Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR

4. Goodwill

If you’re going thrift shopping, you might as well stop by at one of the biggest thrift stores in the U.S.! Goodwill is a classic thrift store where you don’t have to limit yourself to just clothes; you can find just about anything there, including dorm decor, brand name clothes, and supplies for your next DIY project! 

Closest location to UP: 3134 North Lombard Street, Portland, OR 97217

Good luck and happy thrifting!