Things To Do This Fall in Pittsburgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

This article was written by Victoria Bails

Fall. The season the leaves start changing, the weather starts getting cooler and everywhere you go, you can smell pumpkin spice everything.

Fall is my absolute favorite season, and I’m always looking for something to do so I can go out and enjoy the perfect weather. Last year when I moved to Pittsburgh, I wasn’t even quite sure what there was to do within the city, BUT with a little bit of online investigation, I found out that there were events around me almost every single day.

To make it a little bit easier on everyone, here are some fun things to do in Pittsburgh this fall:

RADical Days 2017

Want to do things in Pittsburgh but cost is a problem? Well RADical Days, or just simply RAD Days, are where different museums, theatres, and other places have a specific day where admission is free for everyone! RAD Days start on September 23 and end on October 15.

The Scarehouse

Looking to get scared this October? The Scarehouse has you covered! Although it is not directly in the Downtown Pittsburgh area, it’s definitely worth the trip. You park in the parking lot of The Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium and get shuttled over to the location of the Scarehouse. While they offer a regular walkthrough tour, there is also a scarier option called “the basement.” When you sign up to go to the basement, you must be 18 years or older and you must sign a waiver. Be careful; they don’t issue refunds!

DogtoberFEST

Missing your dog at home? Looking to adopt a dog yourself? The Waterfront in Homestead will be the location of this years DogtoberFEST. Here you’ll be able to see dogs that are up for adoption and learn about different resources to adopt a dog rather than buy one. Admission for this event is completely free!

Market Square Farmers Market

This is a great and free event that is just walking distance from campus. Every Thursday, Market Square puts on a farmers market where they have vendors with organic produce. Take a break from all of that dining hall food and go get some fruits and veggies! The farmers market lasts through October 26.

SUPER. NATURAL. Glass Art by Jason Gamrath

Phipps Conservatory is always a beautiful place to go, but this exhibit is simply amazing. This exhibit shows glass art that is shaped like flowers, and honestly could be mistaken for real flowers. And to top it all off, Phipps gives a discount to students when you present your student ID!