Ring In 2014 In Style: NYE Outfit Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

321… The countdown has officially begun! 2014 is nearing as 2013 slowly fades into a memory (already?!). The past year was one for the books as far as fashion goes, so in its honor, keep the styles of the year alive until the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve! No matter what your plan is this December 31st, be it with your family or heading out to an extravagant NYE party, Her Campus has outfit inspirations for you to ring in 2014 in style!

Comfy & Cozy

Staying home with the family, but still wanting to look cute? Follow the ever-popular 2013 fall trend of throwing on your favorite oversized sweater and pairing it with your comfiest pair of skinny jeans or leggings. Keep the accessories modest, rock a pair of combat boots, and add some legwarmers with an oversized scarf to make the outfit unique to you. The options are infinite!

Trendy & Timeless  

This ensemble is great for the girls heading to a casual party but wanting to dress to impress. This outfit option consists of two major trends that happened during 2013: high-waisted bottoms and cropped tops. Begin the outfit with your favorite patterned or textured high-waisted skirt. Because it may be chilly outside, throw on a basic, neutral colored cardigan over top of your crop top, or even a cropped sweater. For even more warmth, complete the outfit with opaque tights, trendy wedge heels, or a chic scarf.

Sparkly & Spectacular

Skin was in this past year, and Forever 21 has an amazing selection of going-out dresses that will make you turn heads at a swanky NYE party. We recommend a cutout bodycon style! Nothing screams “Happy New Year!” more than sparkles and glitter, so try a sequined dress paired with some solid-colored pumps. Is a full-on sequined dress a little too daring for you? Do a flip-flop! Throw on your favorite simple-styled dress and pair it with some statement heels and accessories.

Have a happy, safe, and fabulous end to 2013, collegiettes!

Sarah Carini

Point Park