3 Ways to Stay Energized Throughout Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Being a college student means that your days are jam-packed with classes, studying, and, for a great deal of us, working. And trust me, these things aren’t going to go away after graduation! After college, even though your days might not be filled with homework and going to class, you will most certainly still be crazy busy. So, it is important to figure out ways to stay energized throughout the day. Here are a few tips to keep your internal engine going!

Avoid TOO much caffeine

I’ll be the first to admit that I LOVE coffee. Then again, who doesn’t? I could go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts multiple times a day, like most people. But it is important to remember that too much caffeine is definitely not a good thing. It can lead to a midday crash, so it’s important to not rely on coffee alone to keep you energized.

Eat Breakfast

I think one of the most obvious way to stay energized is to eat breakfast. Studies show that eating no later than 30 minutes after you wake up can help keep you awake and focused throughout your day. It is best to eat breakfast at around 7 or 8 am.

Exercise

A workout at some point throughout the day can really help boost your energy. Whether it be a quick workout in the morning, a thirty minute walk in the afternoon, or a crazy gym session in the evening, exercise can really help.

Give these simple ideas a try and see how they improve your performance throughout the day! I guarantee even just making an effort to apply one to your daily routine will leave you feeling more energized, focused, and ready to tackle everything that college life throws your direction.

Fashion Lover Food Addict Instagram: anandamarie_ Twitter: NAN_Organic Bye Felicia!
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.