What to Pack for Early-Relationship Sleepovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

It’s early in your relationship and you are spending a lot of nights together. You are somewhere in between trying to constantly impress them and fusing into one person. You no longer are walking home in last night’s clothes and drunk-girl hair but you don’t quite have a drawer at their place yet. If this sounds like you, here is a comprehensive list of things to pack when sleeping over at your partner’s place (and you are going straight to work or class the next morning.)

1. Change of clothes.

Always have an extra over-sized t-shirt and leggings or tight pants. You’ll be able to crumple these up into your backpack and the t-shirt can double as sexy sleep attire and your outfit for the following day. Plus, if you aren’t a frequent resident at your significant other’s place yet, they never have to know you packed to stay over. If I have to wear work clothes the next day, I fold them and place them between two textbooks in my bag so that they stay relatively flat.

2. A bit of makeup.

There is no need to pack your whole collection, but if you pack mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick, you’ve got a fresh look that takes up the space of a few pencils.

3. Toothbrush.

Sometimes your S.O. has one of these waiting for you, but it’s better to pack yours anyway just to be safe (and hygienic).

4. Something that’ll make you smell good!

If you aren’t planning on showering at their place, you’ll probably need something to substitute actually getting clean in the morning. Pack your deodorant, body spray, or baby wipes to fake it for the next day. Your body (and acquaintances) will thank you.

5. Chargers.

You might leave the house with a fully-charged computer and phone, but if you typically use your phone as an alarm in the morning, pack that charger!

6. My top most-forgotten item on this list is a comb!

I have giant curly hair and if I don’t bring a brush or comb to my S.O.’s place, I might as well not take off last night’s bar make-up because I will look a mess the next day.

Image credit 

Hi, I'm Sarita. I am a senior Communications major at the University of Pittsburgh. My writing topic interests include job acquisition, school survival tips, Latin culture, feminism, fashion, nutrition, and current events.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt