What Gilmore Girls Character are You Based on Your Major?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

As the premier date for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, rapidly approaches, diehard fans are anxiously awaiting any new sneak peaks, trailers, or set photos of the cast to tide them over until the show pops up on Netflix.  What better way to get your daily dose of Gilmore Girls than to find out which character you are based on your major! Search below to find out!

Engineering ~~ Luke Danes

Jack of all trades: as an engineer you spend hours studying a wide variety of subjects, from physics to chemistry to programming (and more) all to learn how to fix and create useful technology for society. Luke is a jack of all trades as well: running the diner by day, fixing his boat by night, and making repairs on Lorelai’s house in his spare time. You also probably adopt Luke’s grumpy exterior and quick wit during those stressful midterms and finals weeks.

Art History ~~ Emily Gilmore

You study the finer things in life much like Emily enjoys the finer things in life. She could tell you the finest place to get dinner in Rome, as Rory must have learned on their summer escape to Europe the summer after Rory had an affair with Dean while he was married to Lindsey. When she’s not studying the coliseum, she is meeting with the DAR to discuss their next event.

Finance/Accounting ~~ Richard Gilmore

Richard may have been in the insurance business, but his money skills meant he could have been a top tier financier. You are on the right path to becoming a sophisticated (and potentially wealthy) professional much like Mr. Gilmore. At his time at Yale, he was still able to find some time for fun and raucous activities and adopted a “work hard, play hard mentality” much like many finance majors do.

Advertising~~ Lorelai Gilmore

Lorelai may have been an entrepreneur, but her knowledge of pop culture and quick wit gave her the ability to sell her point of view to just about anyone. Advertising is a fast-paced business and you have to be able to come up with good ideas quick. Once Lorelai gets her daily dose of caffeine (a.k.a. a cup of coffee from Luke’s), fast paced is the only speed she knows how to operate on!

Nutrition ~~ Sookie St. James

As a nutrition major, planning what type of food people put in their body is important to you! You and Sookie share your love of food. Sookie was always constantly planning meals for the Independence Inn and Dragonfly Inn, not to mention the hours she spent planning Lorelai’s wedding cake!

Journalism ~~ Rory Gilmore

This is a no-brainer! You and Rory share the same major! While you may or may not be studying in the hallowed halls of Yale, you and Rory still share a love of writing and news. Rory may have even been your inspiration to become a journalist. While it may not always be the easiest road, as Rory found out working for Mitcham Huntzberger, persistence pays off and you can achieve great things!

English Literature ~~ Jess Mariano

Jess shocked everyone when he announced he had written a book. But for the diehard fans this may not have been as much a surprise because he was constantly reading something, much like Rory… and probably you too! As an English major you study some of the greatest novels in history, like Howl by Allen Ginsberg, which Jess swiped from Rory’s room the night they met!

Biology/Chemistry/Pre-Med Track ~~ Paris Geller

Pursuing the Pre-Med track is no easy task, and coupling it with a natural science like Biology or Chemistry makes your degree path all the more rigorous. It takes discipline, determination and a bit of competitiveness to be successful. Paris was the embodiment of all of these traits on her climb to the top to become the editor in chief of the Chilton Chronicle and the Yale Daily News. Find yourself a Rory who will motivate you and also be your best friend, and you will rise to the top just like Paris!

Music Theory ~~ Lane Kim

Whether your specialty is classical, jazz, or rock and roll, as a music or music theory major, you and Lane share a love of all things music. Who knows, you may even be on track to take you band on tour like Hep Alien?

International Business ~~ Logan Huntzberger

The world is your classroom as an international business/affairs major! Logan spent a lot of time gallivanting across the globe with the Life and Death Brigade. While you may not be jumping from scaffolding with an umbrella in formal wear, it is your job to understand the way nations relate to one another on different issues and platforms!

Theatre ~~ Kirk Gleason

Being Kirk takes confidence, as does pursing a theatre major where performance and impressing an audience is key. Kirk’s quirks kept the town entertained (although maybe also a little annoyed…. Like the time he forgot where he hid the Easter eggs), much like you do! Just keep in mind: don’t forget to make a map!

Miss Patty ~~ Nursing

In your nursing major, class sizes tend to be small so you probably have all the same classes with all the same people. You’ve gotten to know the nitty gritty details about all of your classmates, since gossip spreads like wildfire among your small groups! Miss Patty was the go-to source when anyone wanted to know the Gossip in Stars Hollow. She spent her morning at the news stand talking to Babette and the local passersby, and her Dance Studio was the hub of activity, holding all the town meetings!

Dean Forester ~~ Architecture

When Lorelai was renovating the Dragonfly, Dean was hired on by Tom’s construction team to help with the renovations!  While it may not have been his main career aspiration, he had a knack for construction and building repairs, just as you have an eye for design with regards to buildings when it comes to your major!

Photo Credits 1234567, 891011121314

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt