Top 10 Funniest Movie Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Every generation holds a handful of quotes from some of the funniest movies of their time that they can proudly whip out at any given moment to cause a huge wave of laughs around them. Back in the day, the biggest quote used to be “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” from Gone with the Wind. Now, we love our classic Mean Girls, She’s the Man and Bridesmaids moments where we can turn every situation into a hilarious one with just a few simple words.

1. “SHE DOESN’T EVEN GO HERE!” –Damain, Mean Girls. Okay, who doesn’t hear this blurted out pretty much every time you blink?! My friends and I found it safe to say that you can pretty much agree that Mean Girls may be the most quotable movie ever. From Coach Carr’s lecture to Gretchen Wieners’ meltdowns, these “fetch” lines will never get old for us.
  1. Run Forrest RUN!!!” –Jenny, Forrest Gump. I always have to remind myself to fight the urge to yell this out across the street whenever someone looks strangely in a hurry. The best is when someone calls this out to you while you’re running around and you can just shout out back, “I love you JENN-AY!”
  1. “That escalated quickly.” –Ron Burgundy, Anchorman. My personal favorite. Anytime someone says something absolutely ridiculous out of nowhere, I’ve been known to blurt out these perfect words said by the ever hilarious Will Ferrell. What can I say…I like to add to the drama someone else created.
  1. “I’m not going to call him dad…ever! Even if there’s a fire!” – Brennan, Step Brothers. This is an amazing example of the kind of thing the quote right above would comment on and make fun of. What’s great is that they’re said by the same person! I love how overly theatrical Ferrell can get in his characters, and it just makes for funny conversation if you stick in these random quotes from time to time when something unexpected happens.
  1. “You are more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine!” – Becca, Bridesmaids. I basically cry from laughing so hard during this scene in Bridesmaids. Not only is the entire cast wasted but it seems like they’re just improving and the result is just gold. Just to add to this hilarious moment, I absolutely love when the main character Annie mutters “Help me, I’m poor” in a fake dying old lady accent.
  1. “SANTA!!! I Know him!” –Buddy, Elf. Screaming this into the heavens and pretending you’re 5 years old again just may be a favorite pastime for this generation. Thanks to Buddy the elf, we can get away with letting out our inner childhood without seeming completely insane.
  1. “I volunteer as tribute!” –Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games. Used in the right situations, this quote is absolutely flawless. In any and every case that there is a hot celebrity making a tiny request, there is a crazy girl using this lovely quote.
  1. “Just remember, inside every girl, there’s a boy.” –Paul, She’s the Man. As he tries to give Viola a serious pep talk to act like the dude she’s trying to be, Paul instead just gives us a scene we can all chuckle at. Of course, who can forget the tampon up the nose scene and when Amanda Bynes [Viola] becomes “allergic to the sun” as an excuse to keep her sweatshirt on?
  1. “Yo hold my poodle, hold my poodle!” – Kevin, White Chicks. I just about lost it when these two guy,s dressed as white girls, go completely nuts and are ready to fight when they got hit on. Check out the clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ame5DpbfomI as it may have you rolling on the floor from laughter.
  1. “You call yourself Fat Amy?” “Yeah, so twig b*tches like you don’t do it behind my back.” – Aubrey and Fat Amy, Pitch Perfect. Maybe we love this because we wish we all thought of it during our awkward middle school days, but for some reason Fat Amy seems like a super confident genius for coming up with this. Guess we just love tough chicks who don’t give a damn!

Sources: 1, 2

Photo credit: 1, 2, 3, 4

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and am absolutely loving it! Helping others with advice about their articles and getting to read amazing stories has been so rewarding. I love writing about topics that make people's days just a little cheerier! Her Campus has been a wonderful experience for me over the past four years. I get to work with an amazing team every day and could not be more grateful. As a senior, looking back from where I started with Her Campus, I see how much it's changed me and all of the great friends I've made from it too. Saying HC is one of the best things that has happened to me during my college career would be an understatement! I really love how much it has grown and how much others have benefitted from their experience with our organization. HCXO <3
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt