This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

You and your friends are gearing up in your blue and gold attire as you get ready to head out to support your Pitt Panthers. You have to be representing those school colors from head to toe, all the way to the tips of your fingers. Literally! With this quick and easy nail design using nail decals from Jamberry, you can take “spirit fingers” to a whole new level.

Step 1: Paint your nails with a gold base coat, leaving one nail clean for the decal to be used on. I chose to put the Jamberry nail decal on the ring finger of each hand. Jamberry is an awesome company that makes a lot of cool nail stickers; with easy to follow instructions for application right on the back of the package! You can check them out here for all of their designs.

Step 2: Paint a stripe of navy blue polish across the top of your nail, just like on a French manicure. On the finger(s) with the decals, you can use the same gold nail polish from before to paint a stripe at the top of your nail here as well. If your hand is not very steady, you can cover the bottom portion of your nail with a piece of tape (making sure the base coat is completely dry before putting the tape on) and use the straight top edge of the tape to make perfected lines.

Step 3: Dip a toothpick into your nail polish and lightly press a row of dots under the line that you just painted. 

Step 4: Let your nails dry before finishing off the design with a coat of clear polish!  

Photo credits: Author’s own photos

Nail Polish:

Gold: Sally Hansen in “Golden-I”

Blue: Essie in “No more film”

Decals: Jamberry 

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt