Oral Sex: Getting Down With Going Down

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Giving and receiving oral sex can be a pretty sensitive topic amongst different people. Some say yes, oral sex is a must if you want to get laid. Others say they can skip it and just get straight to the main meal (so to speak). According to one friend, oral sex can be really great or really, really horribly, there’s not really an in between or gray area there. Oral sex can be wonderful, mind blowing, and incredibly arousing…if done properly. Over the years, many of my girl friends have complained about having to fake an “O” just because a guy is feverishly sticking his tongue in her downstairs business. But guys, surprise surprise, in oral sex, your tongue is NOT supposed to play the role of your penis! In order for a woman to really enjoy receiving oral sex, the focus should be all about the clitoris. And ladies, you don’t exactly get off easy. Regardless of the fact that a guy will be ecstatic simply because you go down on him, doesn’t mean that he is actually receiving anything enjoyable. I’ve even heard from some of my guy friends, horror stories of girls who have used teeth!! If it’s one thing that should be a no no in oral sex, it’s the use of teeth in the world of “going down” (except in some kinkier cases, but even that’s disputed!).

As sex is already a sensitive topic, bringing oral sex into the mix can make it a bit trickier. This is especially the case when one partner who enjoys oral sex can’t bring themselves to tell their partners that A. they’re bad at it or B. they really want them to explore their “down south” region. One of my guy friends says that when he is with a girl, it’s standard for him to give oral, but he always feels weird asking for it in return because he doesn’t want to embarrass her. So what do you do in that situation where one of you really wants the other to indulge in oral? Maybe slyly mention that you really go over the edge when “different” techniques are used to heat things up, stating that it makes for all the more exciting sex. If a guy or girl that you’re dating is into you in the first place, it seems that they’d be more willing to want to heat up sex in anyway that they can to make it more pleasurable for the both of you, no? Another KEY tactic is to make sure you’re well groomed down there! You can’t expect someone to give you oral sex if you’re downstairs region isn’t up to par. No one wants to be going to town, only to get a mouthful of pubes mid action. Three words: instant mood killer. So keep the goods trimmed and neat, and giving oral may not seem like such a daunting task to your partner.

One way or another, oral sex is a fantastic precursor to full body, mind blowing sex. It can heat things up in a heartbeat and send both of you to that warm tingly place where all your senses are on fire, even before the real fun begins. It’s an instrument that should be utilized and taken advantage of in sexual endeavors. But, guys and girls, don’t be selfish! Oral sex is a surefire way (when done right) to give both of you the adventure that you’re seeking and the orgasms that will skyrocket any sexual experience! So go to town going down!

Until next time my lovelies,

Nahja xxx

If you’re a novice in the world of oral sex here are a few links to help you get in the mood and advance your technique!

A Guy’s guide to giving oral sex:

http://www.studlife.com/scene/sextras/2010/12/06/a-guys-guide-to-oral-sex/

Tips on how to give a great BJ:

http://www.redbookmag.com/love-sex/advice/oral-sex-tips#slide-1

Get Him to Go Down on You:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/tips-moves/Get-Him-to-Go-There-5

I'm a current Junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in Political Science and minoring in Spanish language! I was born and raised in Philadelphia and I am a huge city kid! I'm very open about most things in my life; Sex, drinking, partying, friendships, etc. (you name it). I'm a firm believer of loving and knowing yourself before allowing others to make those decisions for you. If you don't love yourself or know who you are, then others never will!
Hey, I'm Chris Baker and I just began writing for HerCampus at Pitt. I love God, my family and friends, sports, and my amazing fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi. I love to talk, write, and engage with people, in particular, I like to argue, haha. I love Pitt so if you go here and don't already know me, you should find me and get to know me! Contact me anytime at cbb17@pitt.edu,Thanks for reading!