Meet John Cordier ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Campus Cutie: John Cordier

Year: Junior

Major: Biology and Sociology

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Tell me a little bit about yourself.

I’m from Erie, PA.  When I was younger I moved around a lot . I was born in Tampa FL.  I’m very motivated by other people. I like to be around people who are very energetic and driven. I like to push others to do their best and enjoy themselves and the people they’re with. I try not to waste any time or waste an opportunity because you never know when you’ll have the opportunity again. I’d say I’m definitely a risk taker! I like to push my own comfort zone. I’m the business manager of the SGB, Captain of the Men’s Soccer Team, President of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, VP for PALS (Pittsburgh Association for Leadership and Success), and I’m also a member of the Sociology Student Association. I also do research in the FEIZ lab. I’m the intern for the Emerging Leaders program.  My favorite restaurant is Fuel and Fuddle, and on the weekends you can find me at Hems.

HC: What made you decide on coming to Pitt?

After I went on my visit here I didn’t think I wanted to be in a city but Pittsburgh was very welcoming and the people were all very polite and encouraged me to look at things differently. I also saw a lot of opportunity to grow both academically and in soccer.

HC: How long have you been playing soccer?

Since I was three! The first time I played, I was at a game and I went on the field at half time, dribbled a ball down the field and kicked it into the goal and everyone cheered! Soccer has been very influential in my life. There’s a lot of qualities about myself that I’ve learned through soccer and its really helped shape who I am, especially in learning how to deal with defeat and knowing you represent more than just yourself.  I learned a lot about how to work well with a team and about team dynamics.

HC: What attracts you to a girl?

I’m attracted to girls who are confident, funny, different, or have a contagious laugh. If there’s one big thing that’s different about her, like her eyes, or if she’s edgy then that attracts me.  I like girls who treat other people that they’re around really well.

HC: What are your biggest turn-ons?

Probably a girl’s eyes.

HC: Turn offs?

Smoking, if she’s always on her phone, and if she can’t laugh at herself.

HC: For you, what are the most attractive qualities in a girl?

Kindheartedness, passionate, creative, and charisma.

HC: What’s your best Valentine’s Day memory?

I turned my entire house into a scavenger hunt for a girl that I dated in high school and it was probably the most elaborate thing that I’ve ever done! There were balloons with arrows on them that led to clues like chocolates, flower baskets, a CD, and it all led to a book that I wrote about our story from ages 12-18.

HC: What’s the most romantic thing a girl could do for you?

If a girl could take me on a picnic then that’d be great!

HC: What’s your favorite hobby?

Hot yoga! It helps me distress while also serving as a workout.

HC: What’s your Ideal date?

My ideal date would be on the rooftop of the Learning Research and Development Center. There’s an overlook on the roof, and we’d have a candlelit dinner up there.

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

It’s a toss up between the Lion King and Forrest Gump. I know every line of the Lion King and every song.

HC: Do you use pick-up lines? Best? Worst one you’ve used?

I don’t.  But if I had to use one it’d be: “If you were a pirate, would you have your parrot on this shoulder or this shoulder? [moving my arm around her shoulders]. Compliments of Pat Ramsey.

HC: What’s your favorite Food?

Definitely Indian food.

HC: If you could have any job, what would it be?

I would be a sociology professor (like Dr.E!), open up a bar with my best friend, or if I’m lucky enough, I’d be a stay at home dad. 

HC: Random question: Who was your first crush?

This girl named Chelsea when I was three. We used to walk around the playground and hold hands and then I gave her a leaf haha!

I'm a current Junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in Political Science and minoring in Spanish language! I was born and raised in Philadelphia and I am a huge city kid! I'm very open about most things in my life; Sex, drinking, partying, friendships, etc. (you name it). I'm a firm believer of loving and knowing yourself before allowing others to make those decisions for you. If you don't love yourself or know who you are, then others never will!