This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

I looked back through my old room at home and noticed I still had a paper, beautifully folded into a heart and covered in glitter, that says “Roomies for Life, Happy Birthday” on it. While we are no longer roommates, I’d like to say that we will be friends for a really long time. We both had to go our separate ways as you start pharmacy school at Pitt and I finish my undergraduate career, but when we run into each other on a Saturday night, you know you can sit at my table.

In the words of sportscaster Ernie Harwell when he retired, “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure. I’m not leaving… I’ll still be with you.” Even if we still hang out as friends, here’s a list of things I’ll miss about being your roommate.

You trying to come back at night quietly and failing miserably.

Trying to wake you up from class after you sleep through 10 alarms.

Knowing you should be mad I’m so messy, but playing it cool.

And not being the vengeful guy who made this.

You making me try things I never would otherwise.

ESPECIALLY when we were freshmen.

Knowing there’s someone to come home to at the end of every day who is always fun and exciting.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Junior Economics and Chinese major at Pitt! I am Fundraising chair for our fantastic Pink Level Chapter that was voted "Most Philanthropic" last year. Since I love volunteering and organizing people to help our Pittsburgh community, getting HC members into fun, innovative ways to build this community is my job. We also have fundraisers for both ourselves and our charity partner She's the First. To find out more about their amazing work check out https://www.shesthefirst.org/Look out for our HC Night Out tickets this October! Inquiries: jmc248@pitt.edu
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt