Everybody Freeze: Ten Reasons Why You Need To Watch Frozen Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

When I arrived home for Thanksgiving break last semester, my little sister begged me to take her to see the movie Frozen. Since I would probably win some type of “best sister award” for doing so (and my mom agreed to give me gas money), I of course said yes. Plus, I have a movie theater popcorn addiction. As the movie started with a song (of course), I was a little skeptical. However, by the end of the movie, I was laughing and crying and doing both at the same time. My sister was even a little embarrassed by my reactions. Though my friends made fun of me when I told them that this was a movie everyone needed to see, they soon changed their minds once I made them watch it. So, as you begin to stress about finals (or just about life in general) consider these reasons as to why everyone needs to see Frozen and how it will change your life, no exaggeration.

10. It’s a new Disney movie

Since I basically grew up watching every Disney movie ever made, I have some sort of attachment when it comes to a new one coming out. No matter how old I get, I will continue to go see each and every Disney movie that comes out. This means that you should too.

9. It is now available on DVD

You can most likely pick it up anywhere, so what are you waiting for?

8. It’s an excuse to stay in

Though it’s more than tempting to go out with your friends, why would you want to leave the comfort of your bed? Plus, it’s a good excuse to make a bag (or two) of popcorn, because what’s a movie without it?

7. Boys… Duh

I understand they are cartoons, but there’s just something about Disney princes that will always have my heart.

6. Who run the world? Girls.

When was the last time you watched a movie that was totally dedicated to girl power? The sisters of Frozen demonstrate just that.

5. I can’t sing but I’ll sing along

Of course, this movie is one based on song. What Disney movie isn’t? You can sing along to the songs throughout the movie, no matter what kind of singing voice you have.

4. Anna is the ultimate relatable princess

Within fifteen minutes of watching the movie, you’ll start to channel Anna as your soul-mate. If you think you’re awkward, especially when it comes to dealing with boys, you’ll relate to Anna throughout the whole movie.

3. It’s filled with important life lessons

As with all Disney movies, Frozen is one filled with so many important life lessons. From lessons in love to lessons in sisterhood, everyone can learn something from watching this movie.

2. Olaf is my spirit animal

For those that are unfamiliar with the characters of the movie, Olaf is the talking snowman friend. He keeps you laughing the whole time, and you’ll wish he were actually real so you could be best friends!

1. Who wants to actually study for finals?

Everyone needs a study break (or seven) so why not spend your break watching one of the best movies ever? You’ll thank me later.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hi! I'm Jessie and I am currently dual majoring in communication and non-fiction writing at The University of Pittsburgh. I am also the Senior Editor for Pitt's Her Campus! I emulate everything Carrie Bradshaw and can watch Breakfast At Tiffany's everyday for the rest of my life. You can usually find me blasting country music a little too loud while wearing a floppy hat.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt