Comfortable Pants to Wear That Aren’t Leggings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

It’s fall now (but that only lasts for perhaps five days in Pittsburgh) and your go-to outfit is leggings and a sweater. Or leggings and a jacket. Or leggings and a dress. And now, after wearing leggings everyday for multiple winters straight, you’re already sick of them. But who wants to wear jeans that get cold and stiff from the negative 20-degree wind chill? Here are some pants that aren’t leggings, but are just as comfortable. Plus, they’ll keep you warm AND they’re affordable. Basically, this article is the pumpkin spice latte of winter fashion.

1. Joggers

Okay, so this is like the sporty/minimalist’s dream pant. They come in a variety of colors and styles, so they can be paired with any shoe. Dress up with heals or dress casual with sneakers. You can do anything with these pants.

Zippered Drawstring Pant: $22 – F21

Heathered Drawstring Joggers: $17.90 – F21

2. Jean Jegging

Couldn’t forget this one! Get ones that are extra-stretch and you’ll never know you’re wearing pants. American Eagle Outfitters is having a BOGO 50% off sale!

Both AEO Jeggings, $49.95 each

3. Colored Jegging

These are made out of the same material as leggings, just with a higher thread count! Neutral tones are really big this year, so get khaki or army green ones. If you want a pop of color, get a pair of light pink or oxblood red. These ones from American Eagle Outfitters come in high-rise or low-rise to suit your style.

Both AEO, $49.95 each

4. Midi/Maxi Skirt

Okay, so these aren’t pants but they ARE just as comfortable as leggings, if not more. The thick material will keep you warm in winter and the modern designs will keep you in style.

Contemporary Knee-Length Pleated Skirt, $24.80 – F21

Lizbeth Pocket Front Jersey Maxi Skirt, $16.00 – boohoo.com

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 

Sarah Churchman, HC Pitt's Senior Editor, is a super senior at the University of Pittsburgh studying Computer & Information Science with a specialty in User Design! She is the reserach lead in CyREN, the school's cybersecurity lab. Along with InfoSci, Sarah is minoring in Creative Writing with a focus in poetry. She is an editor at Forbes & Fifth, a student-run magazine. She is also part of H2o church. She's obsessed with tacos, Tommy Hilfiger, and ordering things off Amazon Prime!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt