This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

It’s winter in Pittsburgh. It has been, and it will be for another couple of months. We’re cold, miserable, and irritated with taking on and off multiple layers to go back and forth for class. To reward yourself for unzipping your jacket in one zip, taking your boots off without your socks sliding off, and untangling yourself from your hat, gloves, and jacket, make yourself a cup of tea, curl up under a blanket, and enjoy these cold-weather-friendly songs to warm you up.

Listen to the playlist here

1. “Sweater Weather” by The Neighbourhood

Though the band name says otherwise, The Neighbourhood is an American rock group. “Sweater Weather” reached number one on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart in 2013 and was re-released in November 2013 for the winter season.

2. “She” by Ed Sheeran

English singer-songwriter, Ed Sheeran, recently rose to fame in the United States due to his musical involvement with Taylor Swift and One Direction. “She” was featured on a couple of his later EPs.

3. “For a Stranger” by Nick Urb

Nick Urb is a relatively unknown artist. You can download his music for free, or by donation on Bandcamp  and Noisetrade.

4. “Warm December” by Madison Gold

Madison Gold is another relatively unknown artist. Like Nick Urb, you can download her music for free, or by donation on Noisetrade.

5. “The Colder Months” by Liza Anne

Also another relatively unknown artist, Liza Anne’s new album is coming out sometime this year!

6. “Winter Song” by Sara Bareilles (feat. Ingrid Michaelson)

Technically a Christmas song, “Winter Song” is a beautiful collaboration between Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson. It only ever charted on Canadian and Irish music charts.

7. “Snow” by Frida Sundemo

According to her website, Swedish indie-pop artist Frida Sundemo recently postponed her medical studying to focus on her music. 

8. “Denmark” by Jay Brannan

Jay Brannan is an American singer-songwriter who created a fan-base through YouTube. He is also an actor. He appeared in the 2006 movie Shortbus, which he also recorded a song for its soundtrack.

9. “Lamplight” by Lewis Watson (Bombay Bicycle Club cover)

English singer-songwriter Lewis Watson is quickly gaining status in the music business. He has released five EPs and is currently playing venues around the UK.

Enjoy your tea. Try not to fall asleep under that warm blanket. Good luck surviving the cold!

Don’t forget to check out our 8tracks account!  

Photo Courtesy

Fredrika is a 2015 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. While at Pitt, she acted as writer, Assistant Senior Editor, and Chapter Advisor for Her Campus and the Her Campus Pittsburgh chapter. She originally hails from Stockholm, Sweden, but has lived in the Northern Virginia area for eighteen years. Follow Fredrika on her personal Twitter, @FredrikaUS!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt