Girls’ Day In: How to Have the Perfect Brunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Not every weekend is going to be filled with extravagant plans, big parties, and fun nights out and about. Some weekends instead of having a girls’ night out, you’d rather take it easy with a nice brunch with your girlfriends instead. A couple weeks ago, in honor of Galentine’s Day, we did exactly that! It was such a lovely time with friends and delicious food. Here’s some tips we came up with on how to make your brunch wonderful.

1. Have everyone in charge of one ingredient. We decided to make pancakes in one of our board members’ apartments and we were all in charge of a different item: syrup, chocolate chips, strawberries, etc. It took the pressure off the host and was an easier and less expensive way to get everything we needed.

2. Pick a time that isn’t too early, but isn’t too late. We chose 11:30 because it’s what worked best for our schedules and it was the perfect time. We still had the rest of our day ahead of us and we didn’t have to get up too early to get ready! Speaking of getting ready…

3. Keep it casual! If you want to come in sweatpants and a t-shirt, that’s totally fine! Since we had it in our apartment building there was no judgement by the outside world. Still, you can get dressed up if you want to! Whatever makes you most comfortable.

4. Let the conversation flow. We didn’t specify an end time, so we all ended up hanging out with each other for hours, long after we finished eating, just talking and enjoying each other’s company. When we had to leave to go to work, it was a nice way to start the day off.

5. Help clean up! Just like being in charge of something to bring, when you divide and conquer a task, it is so much easier to accomplish. Helping clear the table, putting away ingredients, and washing the dishes are just a few little clean up jobs you can easily split up.

Although it’s a little late for you to incorporate these tips into a Galentine’s Day brunch, there’s never a bad time to show your girlfriends how much you appreciate them. Spread the love and spend some quality time together! And these tips can be applied to events other than brunch, such as a dinner or dessert party as well!

From everyone at HerCampus PhilaU, we hope you all had a wonderful Galentine’s Day this year and hope you’ll be able to do something just as fun as we did next year, with the help of these tips! HCXO!

Anna McFadden

Jefferson '19

.