This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Spring break has arrived. Yes, it’s February, so it’s basically still winter, but who am I to complain about an early spring break? Just think of this as an extension of your winter break! Now that it’s break, have you thought about how you are going to spend it? Well, here are a few ideas that will hopefully inspire you into having the best spring break you can have.

1. Go to the Beach

I know that Pepperdine is right next to the beach and that you see the ocean each morning, but how often have you really gone to the beach? There are so many things you can do at the beach! You can surf, swim, build sand castles, tan, read a book, and even sleep.

2. Go Hiking

This is the healthy and fit option. I have always wanted to hike up to the Hollywood sign, and if you have never thought about doing this, you should! There are also so many other hiking trails that are closer to campus, so if you don’t want to drive that far to go hiking, pick one that’s closer to school.

3. Visit museums

There’s the Getty Villa just down PCH, but there are so many other cool museums that are located in LA. There’s the Ice Cream museum, the Broad, the Natural History museum, and LACMA. I’m sure there are plenty more, so you would be able to find whatever you are interested in.

4. Go to downtown

I know that it is not the shortest drive, but I promise you that it will be worth it. There are just so many things to do in downtown LA. You can go to the Grand Central Market for lunch or dinner. Then you can also go visit a museum or two, or if you feel like shopping, you can go to The Grove, and if you are a book person like me, you can go to The Last Bookstore.

5. Go to an amusement park

This would probably be the most expensive thing to do on this list, but it’ll be fun. Plus, as Pepperdine students, you get discounts to some of those amusement parks. There’s Universal Studios for those movie lovers, Disneyland for those who want to experience magic, Knott’s for those who like less intense roller coasters, and Six Flags for those hardcore rollercoaster lovers.

6. Eat

There are so many yummy restaurants around this area. For those frozen yogurt lovers, there is a store called Toppings that you should definitely check out! Also, there are so many themed restaurants in both LA and Santa Monica that are super cool!

I hope that this list was of help to you. Most of these things can’t be done without a way of transportation, so if you don’t have a car you can always use Uber, go with a friend who has a car, or take the bus or metro. Happy Spring Break!