The Yule Ball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

I went to the Yule Ball at Barnes and Noble last night. I love Harry Potter so I knew I had to go when I first heard about it.

As soon as I went in, I was greeted by an employee in Hogwarts robes and she gave me a 25% off coupon which was good for one item. Behind her was four jars with jewels in them. These represented the House Points. People were able to guess how many jewels were in the jar and enter it to win a prize.

I soon saw people doing a scavenger hunt. I got my paper from the Customer Service Desk and started walking around to where I saw crowds of people standing around. On the paper was a list of the seven Horcruxes (Voldemort/That dude with no nose split his soul into seven parts, making him immortal. He was able to do this because he killed a lot of people). Once you found the Horcrux, there was two questions that needed to be answered on your sheet.

I wandered and asked people where Horcruxes were. I asked a little boy, about 10, to tell me trivia answers because I had forgotten. He told me the answers which did turn out to be right. It also made me realize that I need to reread all seven books.

This may be why break is in a week.

I handed in my paper and got a limited edition poster. It is the cover of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition and it is beautiful 

There was about half adults, half kids there. The adults were in full costume. There were dressed like characters, had robes on, or looked like they were going to the Ball. Some women had gowns on. The kids were dressed up as well but not to the same extent.

I hope this event takes place next year because I had a lot of fun seeing people who are as into Harry Potter as I am.

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.