toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Year: Hocus Pocus Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

As a senior, I can say I’ve experienced the best and the worst of the college life during my four years. From doing interships to creating a professional portfolio, senior year is hands down the best and the most stressful year throughout this journey. There’s just certain things we as seniors can relate to that many underclassmen are super naïve about. We pretty much know by now how things work, and what better way to describe this last year than with Hocus Pocus—a Halloween fav!

When it comes to finishing your last year, you could find yourself a little tense! With midterms, papers, and all of the other commitments you’ve placed on yourself, it’s great to take a little breather and relax for a while.

Being the leaders of the college pack gives a great advantage when trying to convince any underclassmen of anything. They’re new to this life and still trying to get the hang of things, so we as seniors have the ability to positively affect their first semesters! We’re basically known as default mentors.

Morning classes are so first year! As you progress in your college career, you’ll come to notice the flexibility you’ll have when deciding on a schedule. Days and times become more and more of your personal preference!

You start to forget about the petty things in college. Gossip becomes an unknown form of communication, especially when you have to worry about things such as future goals, careers, and life in general!

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.