Reasons I will be a Crazy Dog Lady

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Dogs can be left alone.

I may be the kind of dog owner who decides to take my dog everywhere, but there are certain places that dogs can’t go. I guess you could make the same argument for kids, but dogs can be left home alone. Your house may suffer, but you can leave them.

Dogs can stick their heads out windows.

I love this! I love seeing dogs with their heads out the window because they look so happy while doing it! I would have to learn how far to put my window down so that my dog is safe, but I could put it down a little and the dog will be so happy!

Dog Parades!

I really want to do one of these with a dog! I go to one every year and I love that dogs pull over so that you can pet them. I usually have one dog who decides that he doesn’t want to keep walking and would rather sit and have me pet him all day. Some owners put their dogs in costumes, but they are cute no matter what. And the dogs start howling at each other and you generally know that the dog is happy.

Dog Parks

You can go and pet any dog that you want within reason if you’re in a dog park. Also, your dog gets playtime and gets to make friends.

Dog Nights

I love baseball games, and I love dogs, so I would love to take my dog to a baseball game when they are allowed. Logistically, that may not work out depending on what kind of dog I get.

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.