Mock DUI Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

On Tuesday (4/21), Police Services teamed up with the Western Berks EMS, Township of Spring Fire Rescue Services, Berks County Coroners Office, and the North Central Highway Safety Network to showcase a mock dui program for Penn State Berks students. The program featured realistic props from a car that was destroyed to the actual ambulances and fire trucks on scene. The objective of the program was to bring awareness to our campus about the dangers of driving under the influence. The scene was pretty intense while the firefighters fought to save the lives of the crash victims who were played by some of our very own Resident Assistants. To get a quick look at the program, take a peak at these photos from the mock crash.

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.