This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Meet The Ed Burns. A staff writer for the Berks Collegian who, one day, wishes to travel the country selling his books and helping others achieve their dreams. He’s a romantic at heart who loves to write letters and listen to classical music – his current favorite song is Con Te Partiro by Andrea Bocelli. This tall, dark, and handsome Campus Cutie will sweep you off your feet within seconds. If he doesn’t look like your usual type, just try talking to him and I guarantee his charm, humor, and knowledge will pull you in. Even he agrees, saying his most attractive feature is his personality, but says he has a “love/hate relationship” with it. He didn’t hold anything back during our interview, joking that sometimes he’s so honest it can become a problem. But his pure honesty makes sense when you look at his favorite quote by Theodor Geisel, “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” He’s Italian, Catholic, and very into politics, which, is not a surprise seeing that he has the vibe of a future Mr. President. So, who’s going to be his first lady?

The Basics

Name: Ed Burns

Major: American Studies and Professional Writing

Birthday: September 14

Hometown: Hamburg, Pa

His Love Life

Relationship status? Super single

On a scale of 1-10 how important are looks when searching for a significant other? 9.297

What do you look for in a girl? Perfection. Great looking. Intelligence. Kind. A bit of a ball buster. Preferably religious – Catholic

When it comes to relationships are you old fashioned? I want to be… I wish girls would demand it more often.

Describe your perfect date: Go to mass. Then she would cook us breakfast. We would discuss fine literature until lunch. After lunch, a brief make out session – outside in fresh air. Then we would go out for dinner but she’s paying. We’d finish off the night by holding hands while watching Star Wars or Lord of the Rings.

Any advice for the Berks ladies? Yes…Clean up the language; the f-bombs are out of control. Act a little more classy – dress decently. Spend less time on the phone. Have more respect for yourself and others. Smile more.

More About Him

What’s something on your bucket list? I would love to backpack through Europe

Favorite movie? Braveheart

If you could do one thing without failing what would it be? Live.

Any bad habits? Smoking cigars and pipes

Any obsessions? I adore women

If you had one wish what would it be? Find the woman of my dreams and start an enormous family

If you could have one superpower what would it be? Make everyone happy. Whenever I talk to someone I want to be able to make them smile and laugh…that would be the greatest superpower in the world.

What is the meaning of life? Get to heaven. And get as many people as you can to come with you.

Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.
Ashley is a senior professional writing major at Penn State.