Adulthood is a Myth

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

I read Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen on a not-good day and related to this book so much. Adulthood is a Myth is closer to a comic strip than a book. For the most part, each page is its own strip. They usually have titles. I don’t know how to describe it. It doesn’t give you advice or anything. There’s no plot. It’s just different comic strips that tell you that you are normal.

It’s not a book that I would have bought or picked up if I hadn’t been given it.

The first thing this book had going for it was that the front cover is fuzzy! I mean, I got my flu shot and got excited that I was getting a green Band-Aid, but the lettering and the sweater are fuzzy! I loved the content, but that may be one of the best parts of this book.

I loved the one with the shaving of legs. I used to have a day of the week (Sunday) that I would shave my legs. Now I just do it whenever it occurs to me. If I shave them because of something and then realize that I never had to, I get mad.

I also loved “Habits of the Common Bookworm”. You know words but then you don’t know how to say them or if you’re saying them right because you read them. I also love the smell of books. You can actually buy book scented perfume. I don’t think I’m quite at the stage, but you never know.

I also liked the untitled one about bras. It’s frustrating when you want to get a top and your bra sticks out the side so then your poor mother has to figure out a way to potentially fix it. There are also tops that are unfixable but would provide some extra air conditioning. If you’re LUCKY, yo can wear a different color bra which makes the strap situation unnoticeable.

Overall, I enjoyed this quick read. It made me feel normal more than anything. I want Sarah Andersen to write more books.

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.