8 Activities to do In Berks County this Autumn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.
Fall marks the transition from summer into winter. The nights start to arrive earlier and the temperature slowly goes down. Fall makes the perfect time to go out and have fun with family and friends since the weather is just right. If you don’t have any fun plans yet to do this Fall, don’t worry this article will give you tons of ideas and activities to do in Berks County. 

1. The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
This year marks the 34th faire on the grounds of Mount Hope Estate. The castle gates opened August 2 and will remain open for 13 weekends of magical delight every Saturday and Sunday through October 26 from 11-8. With over 90 stage shows daily, 22 Royal kitchens and tons of artisan merchants with handcrafted wares, the Renaissance Faire will be sure to entertain anyone. Each weekend throughout the Faire season, it will showcase unique theme so make sure you check the details of each weekend. 
Check out the official website for more details: http://www.parenfaire.com/

2. Walk for the Animals and Walktoberfest
The Humane Society of Berks County’s Walk for the Animals is back for its 37th help raise funds and awareness to improve the lives of animals. It will be held Saturday, September 27 at Jim Dietrich Park in Muhlenberg. Parking and entry is free to everyone but donations are welcome. 
3. Haunted Boyertown Walk
Boyertown known as, “One of the most haunted small towns in American,” is offering walking tours so you can enjoy ghost stories, legends, history and mystery in and around Boyertown. Two different tours are available each evening and tickets are just $10 for students. You have two opportunities to check this tour out, Saturday, September 27, and October 25. Both start at 8:30 p.m. 
Check out the website for more details: www.boyertownhistory.org

4. Annual Harvest and Acoustic Music Festival
Come out to Old Dry Road Farm located in Wernersville, PA and tour the Hottenstein Homestead, bake in the outdoor bake over, learn how to churn butter, buy fresh cider, make candles, go on a wagon ride and so much more. The festival is Sunday September 28 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is just $2. For more information you can call 610-678-1226.

5. Fall Family Fun Days
Enjoy a day with your family or friends any Saturdayfrom September 27th through October 25 from 10-5 at Weaver’s Orchard to enjoy delicious food, hayrides, apple and pumpkin picking, live music and so much more. 

6. Hay Creek Apple Festival
It’s the peak of apple harvesting time and this Festival offers a wonderful day for apple specialties. Every imaginable apple food will be available here…from fresh ciders to fritters, pies, tarts, dumplings and so much more. The Festival takes place Saturday and Sunday October 11 and 12. 
Check out http://www.haycreek.org/festivals.htm for more information. 

7. Turning Leaf Fall Festival
Boyertown will host this Festival on Sunday, October 11 from 11-6. You can come and enjoy live music, food, hayrides, pumpkin painting, pony rides and crafts all day. It’s located at the Boyertown Community Park and Pool. 

8. Pickfest
On Saturday October 25 from 10-7 you can enjoy blue grass bands, homemade food, craft beer, wine, and ciders, pick you own apples and pumpkins 
and so much more. Tickets can be purchased at Boyertown Pickfest online.

Nicollette is a Senior at Penn State Berks and a contributing writer for HerCampus. She is majoring in Journalism and minoring in Business. When she isn't busy running with the cross country team you can find her dreaming about traveling the world, reading, doing yoga, binge watching Netflix or eating unhealthy amounts of peanut butter. She hopes to move down South one day working for a major media outlet. If you want to know more about Nicollette you can follow her on Twitter (@nic_biscanti) or Instagram (@nic_biscan)
Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.