How To Host The Best Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Thanksgiving is almost here which means all of your friends are coming back into town! Many of us, like myself, may be trying to plan the ultimate Friendsgiving. I’ve been brainstorming different foods I can serve, music I can play, and decorations I can put up, and I’ve decided to go with the ideas listed below. Try them out if you’re hosting a Friendsgiving this year!

1. Instead of having a large feast, opt for numerous sides.

Depending on how large your feast is going to be, opting for side dishes over a large feast may be your best bet. This way you can cater to everyone’s favorite food and not have to worry about dividing leftovers.

1. Personalize the table.

Include place cards on the table to make for a more personalized set-up. Place cards can be really fun to stylize if you find the right font! You can also personalize certain desserts, like cookies, by writing the name of each guest on their specific cookie.

1. Buy a Geofilter on Snapchat.

Buying a Geofilter is probably the best way to differentiate your Friendsgiving from everyone else’s. Pricing is calculated based on the location of your Geofilter and its duration.

1. Make a playlist.

For most people, Thanksgiving marks the start of Christmas music. Having a playlist filled with all of your Christmas favorites may be the best way to ring in the holiday season (especially if you’re hosting your Friendsgiving the days following Thanksgiving).

1. Only invite your closest friends.

While this sounds like a given, you may get carried away with the number of people you invite to your Friendsgiving. However, be mindful that you probably haven’t seen many of your friends in weeks or maybe even months, since you’ve been away at school. If you invite too many people, you may not get the chance to catch up with your closest friends.

Hi! I'm Kate, and I'm a junior at New York University majoring in English.