5 Places I Am Thankful For This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

As I count down the days until I study abroad, here are five places in New York City that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving and will miss during my time abroad:

1. The Museum of Modern Art

MOMA is hands down my favorite museum in the city. I can spend hours there. In fact, I spend so much time there that I know when they bring new pieces out of storage or re-arrange exhibits. Whenever I am feeling stressed or just need to escape the hustle and bustle of life in New York, MOMA is where I like to escape. Plus they have free Fridays every week!

2. Café Lalo

Café Lalo is probably my favorite café in New York City. With a menu that is essentially a book of desserts, I could go back every day for a month without trying everything. Café Lalo was used in the beloved rom-com You Got Mail, but do not worry this is not a popular tourist spot. Anywhere I can get a warm slice of apple pie with ice cream and a side of chocolate covered strawberries after midnight is good in my book.

3. Upright Citizens Brigade

With two locations in New York City, UCB is one of my favorite places to go on the weekend. Many Saturday Night Live alums got their start at UCB and often come back and perform. Tickets are $10 or less so a college kid’s dream. I always have a great time and laugh way too much.

4. Strand Books

I could spend weeks walking around looking at books in Strand. Their claim to fame is 18 miles of books and the minute you enter the store you are surrounded. I usually end up with a stack of books after browsing the stacks. The good news is that strand also carries used books so my large stack of books does not hurt my wallet.

5. Yoga to the People

Yoga to the People has also become one of my favorite places in the city. They have several studios throughout the city some of them offering hot yoga. My studio of choice is at St. Marks Place. The classes are donation based and I always leave feeling ready to face the day.

Hi, my name's Savannah and I'm an apple living in the big apple. I love red sour patch kids and huge cups of coffee. Always on the look out for good books and new adventures.
Hi! My name is Jacqueline and I am a senior communication studies major with minors in business and women and gender studies at Pace University. I am the president / campus correspondent for the Her Campus Pace Chapter and the president of the production club PopTV. I am a Hufflepuff and lover of all things Harry Potter! Also, I am a HUGE Marvel fan! When I am not writing and leading Her Campus, I like to spend my time reading, watching Netflix, and singing every song that comes on Spotify.