Most Romantic Spots on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Most Romantic Places at Oxy
By Kate Bustamante

It’s that time of year folks: Valentine’s Day. The holiday in which people are supposed to express their love for each other in honoring dear old St. Valentine. Unfortunately, due to expectations put on by movies and card and candy corporations, the holiday has become more about how much money you spend on another person than it is about enjoying each other’s company.

We at Her Campus Oxy feel we should do away with the all the excess of Valentine’s Day. It’s time to take advantage of what’s right in front of us! Occidental is an incredibly beautiful campus with a lost of interesting places to explore. So, if you don’t want to waste you’re money on gas, here is a list of the most romantic places at Oxy:

The fountains

Oxy has a gorgeous array of fountains that look beautiful lit up! Chill by the Booth Hall fountain and listen to the soft must coming from the classrooms. (FYI It’s one of the most common sites for weddings on campus!) Enjoy a cup of coffee by the fountain in the Johnson Student Center. It’s also great for people watching around dinnertime. Finally, take a moonlit stroll down to the Star Trek fountain at the front of the school at watch the beautiful water display.

The Quad

To clarify, not the Academic Quad in front of the Cooler, but the part of the quad lined with trees. A very nice, quiet place to sit and have a conversation with that special someone.

Greek Bowl

The Greek Bowl can also be a very romantic spot. The acoustics are wonderful at the very center so you can play music and sit on the grass there and stargaze.

Finally, Mt. Fiji

Although it’s a bit of a hike it’s totally worth it. The sunsets atop Mt. Fiji are notoriously beautiful and it’s the perfect place to share a romantic moment. The views are also incredible. You can see across the entire city of L.A! Definitely the most romantic spot at Oxy.

Image credits: Occidental College Blog, Skyline Realtor, Flickr, Oxy Football Blog

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.