Meal Plan Food Drives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Besides finals, one particular end-of-the-semester issue Oxy students have been dealing with is excess meal plan money, a problem especially bothersome for those with meal plans C and D, which won’t roll over. However, Oxy students have been resourceful in terms of ensuring that hundreds of dollars won’t go to waste. For one, Pauley residents have started a I Have Too Much F*cking Meal Plan Money Food Drive, where all of the donated food will be going to the LA Regional Food Bank. Another food drive also started accumulating drinks and dry goods outside the Green Bean. The Marketplace also helped out by allowing students to buy drinks and snacks in bulk. At this time of year, seeing students leaving the Marketplace while carrying plastic bags that are nearly ready to burst with the weight of purchased food is not an uncommon sight.

Photo credit: Daphne Auza

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.