6 Things Only Rain Lovers Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

While most people sigh at a rainy weather forecast, pluviophiles rejoice! Here are six things that rain lovers understand about the best type of weather because it isn’t an inconvenience, it’s a reminder to appreciate life!

1.               You Don’t Understand Why People Think It’s “Gross”

Rain is one of the most refreshing, nurturing, and cleansing things that Nature has to offer! You’re always confused when people say it’s gross outside!

2.               Rain Boots and Rain Coats

It’s almost a giddy experience when you get the chance to sport your rain gear! Viva those Rain Boots!

3.               Raindrops on Windows

Whether you trace shapes in the condensation or have raindrop races as they slip down the outside, raindrops on windows spark both imagination and creativity!

4.               The Most Peaceful Sound in the World

No matter where you are what you’re doing, the sound of rain patter instantly remedies any feelings of stress, worry, or resentment. It’s like a refresh button, and it leaves you feeling brand new!

5.               Unleash Your Inner Homebody!

While you don’t understand everyone else’s aversion to rain, it usually means canceled plans! You spend this newfound freedom cuddled in bed with the window cracked open, a hot drink in one hand, and a well-worn novel in the other. You have time to revel in what you love without the guilt of staying home while your friends want to go out!

6.               Petrichor.

The smell of rain is so wonderful that it even has a name! There is nothing as refreshing or relaxing as that first sweet breeze before a downpour.

Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!