david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Your Favorite Halloween Candy Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Halloween is a holiday with something for everyone! Even if you’re not a fan of scary movies, dressing up, or wild parties – almost everyone enjoys the “treat” in “Trick or Treat”. Learn about what your favorite spooky snacks say about you.

1. Chocolate

Chocolate is a guaranteed crowd pleaser – just like you! You’re versatile and go well with all types of treats and people. Someone’s a little nutty? Someone’s a little salty? Don’t worry! A chocolate loving friend knows how to get along with everyone! Milk chocolate lovers make everyone feel at home by being excellent friends who always have a hug to give and a shoulder to lean on. Dark chocolate fiends are more reserved, but exceptionally loyal. To those coo coo for cocoa, don’t be scared to step outside your comfort zone and try new things! Chocolate is a delicious treat for some of the best people you’ll ever meet!

2. Gummy Candy

Sweet, sour and in all shapes and sizes – gummy candy fans are just as unpredictable as their favorite candy.Worm, bear, or in “ring form”, you love to try new things and make memories. Just like how gummy candies stick to your teeth, you stick by your friends and love them dearly. But for someone so full of energy, don’t be offended if people out there don’t “get” you sometimes. You’re a special little gummy bear with lots of crazies out there who love you for who you are. So go out and be the sweetest gummy worm you can be in the dirt pudding of life!

3. Hard Candies

The best part about hard candy for you is that you can push it to the side of your mouth and enjoy it while you do other things.  You’re a go-getter who’s always on the move. Easy to transport, easy to eat and easy to share – hard candy is efficient just like you. Your friends say you’re too busy, but you’re jolly as a rancher when you have a full plate. And it’s a little too comforting to chew on your lollipop sticks when you’re working hard. But don’t forget to breathe, hard candy enthusiasts! Embrace your gooey center and schedule some time to relax.

4. Fruity candy

Twizzlers and Skittles make your face light up when you see them in your trick or treat bag. You’re a Starburst of light to all your friends! You are the first to help, and always willing to share whatever you have. Just as sweet as the fruity treats you adore, everyone loves your beautiful spirit. But remember to keep your wits and not be an Airhead. Don’t let anyone take your kindness for granted. It’s okay to put yourself first. You deserve the best!

5. Candy Corn

You are truly indescribable, an enigma. If you were on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, you would be Charlie. Candy corn is a divisive treat. It’s met with intense love or hate. Your heart chose to love these mysterious little waxy symbols of Halloween festivity. For enjoying what can be considered a decoration, you have my ultimate respect. The candy corn fanclub is small, strong and proud. For you, I have no advice. Just keep being you.

So what candy were you? Leave a comment below and share with your friends to see what they get, too! Don’t forget to be safe on Halloween this year – and as happy as this cute little rat.

Happy Halloween collegiettes!

Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.