This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

It is nearing the second week of February again, and you know what that means … Valentine’s Day! Whether you love or hate this holiday, it is still a time to feel (and give) a little love in your life.

Even if you don’t have a significant other, you can still do something sentimental and sweet for your family members or your friends. Not to mention, you probably could use a little self-love as well. Valentine’s Day isn’t a holiday only for those in romantic relationships; it’s for loving relationships of all kinds, including the relationship you have with yourself.

This Valentine’s Day, why don’t you treat yourself? After all, you do deserve to feel great and feel the warmth of love. Who cares if it is coming from you? Self-love is one of the best types of love you can receive. Take some time this Valentine’s Day to pamper yourself and do something that makes you feel good—whether it is a relaxing yoga session, pampering yourself by buying some delicious chocolate to enjoy, watching a favorite feel-good movie, or going out for a fun night on the town with your friends, do something for you.With that being said, if you are one of those people who immediately roll their eyes and cringe when it comes to this love-filled holiday, use it as an excuse to pamper yourself, or treat your friends, family, or maybe even a beloved pet.

If you are in a romantic relationship or have a significant other, well lucky you! Do something incredibly sweet for them and truly savor your time together, soaking up every minute of the fun and loving warmth this Valentine’s Day.

Cherish and love every single life out there this holiday season. Rest assured, you’ll be giving a gift that keeps on giving.

Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.
I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.