There’s No Place like Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Never mind the heat and dust, the spices and colourful hordes, it was the love and feeling of comfort that brought a bright smile on my face when I came back to my motherland after two long years.

Nepal is an ago-based country. 65 percent of the people completely depend on agriculture in Nepal. Some of the educated people are employed in other sectors such as teaching, office work, business, etc. Although the people belong to various social groups and religions, they really practice ‘unity in diversity’.

The country is famous for angelic natural beauties, unique wonders and gifts in the world. Although Nepal is landlocked, the people from foreign countries are fond of visiting. She is famous for mountains, rivers, lakes etc. The highest mountain peak in the world, Mt. Everest, fascinates many foreign tourists every year. Through tourism, she is able to earn foreign currency which can be used on development projects. Nepal is rich in water resources. Many rivers flow from high mountains twisting and turning round the hills and move through the Terai. Many brooks and streams serve the people in many ways. They are advantageous for irrigation, transportation, rafting running hydro-electricity projects and so on and so forth.

My name is Alesha Barrett and I'm a junior at SUNY Oswego. I am a Journalism Major and a Sociology and History double minor. My journalism concentration is sports and entertainment as you will see in many of the articles that I post. My dream job would be to work with Turner Sports Broadcasting Company in Atlanta, GA. Originally from Brooklyn, NY, I always had a passion for writing and NBA basketball so I wanted to combine the two into my career goal.