This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Omy Melo

Major: Broadcasting and Mass Communications
Class: 2014
Relationship Status: Taken
On campus involvement: I’m the VP of Creative Services at WTOP-10 where I help make the shows students help put on look the best they can, I’m also a part of the team that helps organize The Oswego Hunger Games to fight hunger. You guys will be hearing more about that next semester!
Favorite outdoor activity to do at Oswego and why? Going out by the lake with my friends. We always find something to do whether it’s skipping rocks or having a bonfire it’s always a good time.
Least favorite food is and why? Seafood. By far I really hate seafood. It doesn’t help I’m allergic to it. Sadly I’ll never know the wonders of sushi or lobster.
Dream career and why?  To work as a motion graphics artist for any big name studio. I’ve always been amazed by how much television shows and movies can improve their quality and look with the right graphics and music attached to it.
What’s your biggest pet peeve and why?  People who hang on to past mistakes and don’t move on so they can learn from it. If you’ve made a mistake, learn from it and move on. Lingering on it doesn’t help.
Favorite store to shop at and why? Not sure if this answer is cheating but Amazon, they have everything I’ve ever needed or wanted and their next day shipping is super cheap. It also allows me to avoid lines at stores since I just like buying what I need and getting out of the store ASAP!

Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.