This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Everyone knows the phrase, “Netflix and chill,” as it’s probably been said to you at least once or twice. Everyone also knows this line is code for, “I want to hook up with you.” While “Netflix and chilling” has become the joke of the Internet, it is important to recognize the risks of hanging out with someone who has the intentions to do more than just “chill” with you. Staying healthy and safe while sexually active is incredibly important. Many college campuses provide students with education on the issues surrounding safe sex. Are you doing “Netflix and chill” right? Cayuga Hall is hosting their own sex-ed event, “Netflix and Chill!” where RAs will talk about safe sex practices and give out free condoms. Come to the main lounge at 7 p.m. on November 19 to find out!

Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.