timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Make Campus Your Fashion Runway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Calling all college fashionistas!

Every piece of clothing in the world has some sort of history and a story that should be told, even the brand new items that you have in your collection. The first few weeks back on campus are crucial! Don’t drag yourself around in sweats and hair ties; make this campus your runway.  Make this year count with the cutest fashion styles, not necessarily the latest ones. Don’t worry about what’s in and what’s out. Make it funky, make it wild, make it sexy, and make it you! Rock an endearing off-the-shoulder shirt with some sassy ripped jeans folded on the bottom to show off a pair of ridiculously cute oxfords.  Or even put on a casual strapless dress with a pair of playful sandals to show off your colorful toe nails. And if it’s chilly out, throw on a pair of washed out jeans with a logo sweatshirt and add some converse to make it fun. Even on rainy days you can still dress appropriate but stylish with some cute rain boots and an adorable rain jacket to match. Whatever your heart desires, create it and make it your reality. Yesterday, I flaunted my loose lace skirt with a black crop top and jean jacket to make the outfit more subtle. Today, I strutted my college runway wearing a pair of tasteful cargo shorts, a black cami and a vibrant floral throw with a small heart necklace as an accessory.

Anything goes is my motto! Matching is boring so be creative and have fun!

Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.