Daniel Frohm, ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Daniel Frohm
Class: 2014
Relationship Status: Single
Major: Broadcasting

What are you involved with on campus? I’m involved in WTOP as the equipment manager, and I also anchor for the news station. I also help run 4GB on WYNO, and have a comedy show with John Mongiello called “What Really Matters.” You should all watch it because it’s pretty stellar.

What posters do you have hanging in your room and why? I have a large Mumford and Sons poster because they are awesome, along with a Reel Big Fish concert flyer because they are hilariously incredible, a Newgrounds.com calendar because it features a ton of cool art by independent artists, and an Iron Plate of a glass Coca-Cola bottle… simply because drinking soda out a glass bottle is the classiest thing you can do without wearing a monocle and a top hat.

If you could go professional in any sport, what would it be and why? Huh… probably football, simply because that has the most flare to it, and because if you played in the NFL any joint that knew who you were would give you free drinks.

Finals week is coming up, what do you feel works the best to ace the tests? How do you study? The best way to study for finals is study two hours for every subject starting two weeks before the test, taking a break 20-30 minutes. Doing so will help you retain that information, and by the time the test comes you’ll be confident and ready to ace it…. I’m a shameless hypocrite however, and I’ll probably end up downing 2 energy drinks and cramming the night before each test. What a life.

What is your favorite dinning hall and why? For overall service? Probably Pathfinder, because while it looks like a carbon copy of Littlepage, it always has some fresh food over at Sandella’s, like flatbread pizza (which are fantastic, by the way) or their oh so tasty Quesadillas. 

What is your favorite comfort food and why? Buffalo Chicken and Bleu Cheese. It’s such a staple in my food choices, and it always hits the spot, even when I’m feeling down and out. To be honest, my grandma makes the best chicken cutlets. Drench them in Frank’s Red Hot mixed with some butter with some bleu cheese on the side, and tah-dah: comfort food heaven.

Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.