Christopher Collins-McNeil

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Smart, outgoing, handsome and involved on campus, SUNY Oswego junior Christopher Collins-McNeil is the whole package.

Over the past year, McNeil has been a huge part of the implementing diversity inclusion efforts on SUNY Oswego’s campus. He’s helped in the planning of the Martin Luther King celebration on campus, organizing political and cultural events such as the I am Oz campaign, and facilitating diversity inclusion workshops for campus organizations, club presidents and treasurers. 

McNeil has been a part of the Student Association since his freshmen year at SUNY Oswego, where he started off as a senator and vice chair of the involvement committee. McNeil then moved up to becoming the director of civic engagement.

“In my role as the director of civic engagement, I have been a part of changing a lot on this campus. I want to be a part of the evolution of S.A. and student affairs and continue creating a vibrant campus community everyone can take part in and be proud to call SUNY Oswego home,” McNeil says.

McNeil is currently running for president of the Student Association for the 2015-2016 academic school year. With his previous background, McNeil is sure to continue his greatness and have a successful career, where he plans to be involved in politics or public policy.

It is a no-brainer why McNeil is a great pick for this week’s campus celebrity.