Zayn Malik Says Goodbye to One Direction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

It’s official.  The hearts have been broken, the tears have been shed; One Direction became minus one on March 25th when member Zayn Malik reported he was leaving the infamous group. 

There are many supposed reasons as to why the 22-year-old singer decided his time with the band should end, but the most common one is his desire for normalcy. While the group took stage for their ‘On the Road Again World Tour’, Malik took flight for the UK reportedly due to the “stress” of media speculation on his private life.

On the One Direction official website, Malik posted his apologies and stated, “I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22 year old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight.”

Furthermore, pictures of Zayn spotted close and personal with a girl named Lauren Richardson erupted recently and cheating allegations were made.  He declared his love for his fiancée, singer Perrie Edwards, over a tweet apologizing for what looked like trouble in paradise.  Apparently, the band member couldn’t take the heat of being in the public eye and needed some privacy to fix his relationship. Photo of the couple is posted below.

As for the friends he left behind, Louis, Liam, Harry, and Niall are still looking forward to the forthcoming concerts and plan to record their fifth album, which will be released later this year. 

The members commented on the news saying, “We’re really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send him all our love for the future.”

The friendship won’t end, but unfortunately One Direction has officially become a four-member group.   However, the guys left standing have every intention of producing more music and appreciate all the support from their fans. 

Media from: http://guardianlv.com, http://m.jacarandafm.com

Heather Clark is a sophomore at The Ohio State University pursuing degrees in Stragetic Communications and Business.  From everyday thoughts to daily inspirations, she's enjoyed writing for many years and loves being apart of HerCampus Ohio State.  Outside of writing, Heather spends her time finding a new favorite artist or obsessing over a CW Netflix series, doing yoga, and journaling her life experiences.  After graduation, Heather hopes to start her career in public relations or advertising, aspiring to one day plan events and campaigns for a company that empower young women.