Turn a Hook Up into a BF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

We all have those guys that we say are only our “friends with benefits”, but in reality we all want a commitment. So here is is how you turn your hookup into a boyfriend:

Leave in the Morning

If you stay at their place the night before, leave in the AM! Do not stay through the day. Men do not want to babysit/cater you; also you want your hookup to think you have a life (even if you don’t). They better realize they are not the only thing going on in your life; independent women are mysterious and hot. Have them wanting more, not begging you to leave.

Do Not Blow up His Phone

Texting and calling him at all hours is not going to get you anywhere! You may think you are being cute and flirty, but you aren’t- you are becoming a stage five clinger. Years down the road you will be referred to as “that crazy girl” by his friends. If a guy wants to get a hold of you, he will. Wait for him to contact you!

If initiating texting or calling is necessary (try to do this as little as possible), when he does reply do NOT rush to respond. Take your time; there is no reason to make a quick response. Again you don’t want to be clingy. This applies to facebook, email, or any other social media.

Stop Over Analyzing

Guys are usually straight forward. If he says he is busy, 9 out of 10 times he is busy. Just relax, and make plans of your own. Guys are not detail oriented; when he excludes details that we think are important it doesn’t necessarily mean he is hiding anything. Your guy probably doesn’t even realize the relevance of those details; men do not have the need to discuss every single detail like we do! We don’t need to analyze every word our men stay; there isn’t always a hidden message.

Another Girl Hanging Around Him? Who Cares?!

Obsessing about who is talking to your hookup is needy and unattractive. You just need to stop! The easiest way of chasing your guy away is becoming overly possesive. No one wants to date a needy puppy. You and your guy at the same bar/party? Good! Show him how high in demand you really are. Being friends with benefits means there are no obligations, flirt and have a good time. Trust me, if a guy is interested in you he will notice when you are getting hit on. He will definitely take notice when he realizes you don’t care that he is getting hit on. So be polite and flirty with your hookup, but focus on doing your own thing!

I am a senior at Ohio State, majoring in Communications.I enjoys reading, catching up on celebrity gossip, fashion, and fitness. I hopes to grow as a writer and further my career in journalism and PR.