This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.
Even though it sometimes doesn’t feel like it, Spring is almost upon us! Lately we’ve been having some strange weather patterns, but hopefully that doesn’t stop us from having a gorgeous spring season! Here are a few tips to get prepared for Spring and Spring break! 

1. Make sure all of your plans are set.
Whether it’s making final plans for the amazing vacation you’re having next month or just buying a plane ticket home, make sure everything is finalized and set. Nothing is worst than waiting until the last minute to do things. Professors have the tendency to throw curveballs a week or two before breaks and that, by itself, is very stressful, don’t create even more stress for yourself by procrastinating!  

2. Donate some clothing
One great way to make money for the summer or before spring break, is to donate any clothing (especially winter) that you’re probably not going to use again. Places like Plato’s Closet will buy any gently used clothing and also have items that you can buy for cheap! If you’re not looking to sell, but want to get rid of some clothing, places like Goodwill is a great place to do so! Most likely, you are going to do some shopping wherever you go and dorm closets can be pretty small so donating is a great way to get rid of things, especially if you are out of state. 

3. Clean your dorm/apartment
Dorms can get pretty cluttered after a while. College students have so much going on that cleaning just might not be a top priority. Having a break gives you that chance to tidy things up without worrying about losing precious homework or student organization time! Your room has probably been prepped in order to help with the winter cold, but with spring rolling in you probably won’t be needing things like a really thick blanket. This is your time to help transition your life towards Spring! 

4. Organize work from school
School will still be going on for a couple more months which means it’s not really a good idea to throw away papers and past assignment just yet. Instead of just throwing things away, Spring break allows you to organize and pack away documents and assignments that might not be as needed. Cleaning and organizing your dorm allows you to open up more space and creates an open/fresh atmosphere that captures a perfect Spring vibe!