This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Whether you are killing time between classes, procrastinating on a paper due tomorrow, or having a Friday night in, you are likely to find yourself browsing the selections on Netflix. Stranger Things, written and directed by Matt and Ross Duffer, offers an addicting escape from the monotony of everyday life, and could be your next binge!

Set in the 1983, Stranger Things kicks off with the mysterious disappearance of young Will Byers, and follows Will’s mother and brother, the local police chief, Will’s friends and more as their storylines intertwine and the plot grows thicker and supernatural elements arise as a governmental conspiracy is uncovered.

I’m an an avid fan of shows like The Office and Parks and Recreation, and when a friend recommended Stranger Things to me — describing it as “sci-fi” — I instantly dismissed it, thinking I would never enjoy such a show. However, as I saw more and more buzz about it on social media, I decided to give it a shot. Needless to say, I finished the eight-episode season in two days (and TBH it would have been one day if it weren’t for my busy schedule).

Netflix’s Stranger Things, is not a huge time commitment, which, depending on the person, can either be very good or very bad. If you’re worried about your GPA, your time will not be consumed by 12 seasons of a new show. On the other hand, for those with a little extra time for Netflix binges, Stranger Things is bound to be a quick watch and will leave you wanting more. 

Good news though– Stranger Things has been renewed for a second season, which is expected to be released in 2017!

The Ohio State University 2019