Sarah Hearon and Laura Cardi: Podcast Divas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Meet Sarah Hearon and Laura Cardi, two members of Her Campus Ohio State who are giving a whole new meaning to #tbt. These incredibly personable and hilarious ladies are creating podcasts to chat about the glorious era that is the 2000s: the music, the movies, the trends, the tv shows, the celebs! Read on to learn more about Sarah and Laura’s podcast, We Love the 2000s, and be sure to check it out on iTunes (link provided below) to indulge in all your favorite throwback pop culture moments. 

Names: Sarah Hearon, Laura Cardi

Years: Junior, Senior

Hometowns: Westfield NJ, South Salem NY

Majors: Strategic  Communications 

HC: Give us the 411 on your podcast!

SH & LC: We record We Love The 2000s every Monday night, and pick a different movie or show from 2000-2009 to talk about. Our episodes are about an hour long, and are available on iTunes and Soundcloud! Check it out here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/we-love-the-2000s/id1053271376?mt=2

Also follow us on social media:

Twitter: @welovethe2000s

Instagram: @lovethe2000s

Email: welovethe2000s@gmail.com

HC: How did you come up with the brilliant idea to start recording podcasts and ones specifically about the 2000s?

SH: I have been a fan of podcasts for about a year now, and was dying for my own platform. Laura and I just started bouncing ideas off each other.

LC: Sarah and I are really passionate about the 2000s, and specifically the year 2004. Mean Girls, The Notebook, the first season of Laguna Beach… need I say more? 

HC: What do you think is your goal with recording these podcasts?

SH: To become D-list celebrities.

LC: And convince a network to give us a reality show or talk show.

SH: Also, we’d like to make some money. If we have a lot of listeners, we can get sponsors and ads. 

HC: If you could have any special guest to chat with you for your podcast, who would it be and why?

SH: Jessica Simpson. She is a 2000s icon. Her show, Newlyweds, with her ex-husband Nick Lachey revolutionized reality TV. They defined power couple. Her music is also super underrated and perfect for singing in the shower. I recommend “Sweetest Sin.”

LC: Lauren Conrad. She took a reality TV show about her senior year of high school and created an empire. Not only did she land another reality show on MTV, The Hills, but she also has had bestselling novels and two clothing lines. Not to mentioned she introduced us to pizza and champagne. 

HC: If you could bring back one fashion trend from the 2000s, what would it be?

SH: Platform flip-flops. I need a little bit of height in my life.

LC: Butterfly clips. 

HC: Favorite pop culture moment or phenomenon from the 2000s?

SH: Everytime Britney Spears was at the VMAs. The infamous kiss with Madonna, her performance of I’m A Slave For You with the snake, that all denim outfit with Justin Timberlake… she’s a boss.  

LC: The 2001 SuperBowl performance – NSYNC, Britney Spears, Aerosmith, Mary J Blige, and Nelly. 

HC: Can you give us a sneak peek of any future topics coming up?

SH & LC: We just finished a podcast on the first season of the OC. We’re also planning a Christmas themed podcast with Nick and Jessica’s Christmas special. Maybe we will even record a Superbowl themed episode.

Media Sources: youtube.com, tumblr.com, buzzfeed.com, mtv.com